19 Jun Teach-Out Plan and Agreement Between Point University and Southeastern Bible College
June 6, 2017
Point University, an institution of higher learning accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and Southeastern Bible College, an institution of higher learning accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of the Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE), have concluded a teach-out Agreement. This Agreement ensures the equitable treatment of students and a reasonable opportunity for students to complete their program of study.
This Agreement will enable currently enrolled Southeastern Bible College students interested in transferring to complete their undergraduate studies at Point University.
The Agreement will become effective only after ABHE has expressed approval of all terms of the Agreement and SACSCOC has acknowledged the agreement, as appropriate and/or required.
Specifically, Point University and Southeastern Bible College agree to the following:
Admissions and Student Services
- Point University will extend efficient application procedures and waive admission application fees for students applying through this Agreement for Summer 2017 and/or Fall 2017 enrollment.
- Students applying through this Agreement will be placed on the same academic standing at Point University as would have been in effect at Southeastern Bible College.
- Point University will accept only students who are in good social/disciplinary/behavioral standing at Southeastern Bible College as of May 30, 2017
- Students applying through this Agreement will receive tuition and fee rates at Point University that are equal to or less than the total of those rates which would have been charged at Southeastern Bible College for Fall 2017. which will be subject to normal future increases. Point University will allow discounts to students that will ensure students will be charged the same or less tuition per credit hour than they are currently paying at Southeastern which equates to $405 for traditional credit hour and $305 for ACHIEVE credit hours.
- Regarding federal and other financial aid, Southeastern Bible College and Point University will make every effort to cooperate with each student to arrange with the appropriate agencies for the transfer of the student’s grants and/or loans to Point University.
- Students applying under this Agreement will be granted the same financial aid standing (e.g., satisfactory academic progress) at Point University as would have been in effect at Southeastern Bible College.
- In cases where a student has been awarded one or more endowed or funded scholarships/grants by Southeastern Bible College, those funds will be made available for the student’s payment of expenses at Point University to the extent that the funds are available and may be legally used to that end.
- Point University will suspend its residency requirement (e.g., at least 25% of the degree program) for Southeastern Bible College students transferring under this Agreement, pending and subject to approval of a waiver for the associated standard by SACSCOC.
- Point University will offer only those educational programs in online, hybrid, and traditional/ residential modalities for which it is already approved by SACSCOC.
- Point University will accept all earned credit (inclusive of those credits earned at Southeastern Bible College) and those credits awarded by Southeastern Bible College based on Southeastern Bible College’s completed evaluation of applicable transfer credits.
- Students enrolling under this Agreement will be required to meet Point University’s program length requirements.
- Students who transfer to Point University will be able to graduate with approximately the same number of credit hours as required by their degree program at Southeastern Bible College. Students could realize an 8-credit hour reduction in degree coursework as most Point University degrees consist of 120 credit hours as opposed to the 128 credit hour degrees offered through Southeastern Bible College.
- Point University offers online degree programs comparable to all current Southeastern Bible College degrees which ensures that the academic provisions in this agreement will hold true for all Southeastern Bible College students who chose to transfer and enroll in those degrees.
- Southeastern Bible College will send an email to students notifying them of the teach-out plan with Point University.
- Announcement of the teach-out plan will be placed prominently on the Southeastern Bible College website.
- Southeastern will provide Point University with directory information for all students. Once received, Point will begin to contact students to provide information about the agreement.
- Point will also identify dedicated personnel who Southeastern students may call for information.
- Point University admission, financial aid, and academic personnel will also come to the Southeastern campus on mutually agreed date(s) and time(s) to meet with interested students, answer questions, process admission paperwork, and present a plan for completion for each degree program.
- Students interested in learning more about Point University may do so by going to the website at point.edu.
Repository of Records
- Point University will permanently house the records of Southeastern Bible College students who officially enroll at Point University pursuant to this Agreement. The records will arrive within 10 days of the student’s admission and registration with Point University.
- The Alabama Community College System (ACCS) will be the repository for all Southeastern Bible College permanent records in the event that the institution closes. The ACCS is charged by the state of Alabama with holding the records of closed institutions within the state. Students seeking official academic transcripts may contact the Private School Licensure department of ACCS at 334-293-4654 or may request the transcript online at accs.cc.
Termination of the Agreement and Teach-Out Plan
- Any Southeastern Bible College student who fails to apply, be accepted, and matriculate at Point University by the Fall 2017 semester shall be excluded from this Agreement.
- The obligations pursuant to this Agreement for a teach-out shall terminate when all Southeastern Bible College students accepted by Point University pursuant to this Agreement have graduated from Point University, have failed to be continuously enrolled at Point University, or four years from the date of this agreement, whichever comes first.