This timeline specifies particular submission dates for different financial aid programs. It’s best to plan ahead and familiarize yourself with financial aid policies, procedures, priority dates and deadlines. It’s a good idea to keep copies of completed forms for your records. Be sure to quickly reply to all requests from our Financial Aid Office for additional information.
DON’T FORGET! Financial aid is not automatically renewed each year. You must file a new FAFSA application to be considered for financial aid each year. Check renewal requirements on all awards you are relying on for the next year.
We recommend that borrowing be limited to necessary educational expenses like classes, books, school supplies, etc. With financial aid options such as loans, you are responsible for paying them back later with interest. It’s better to pay for as much of your education as possible with grants, scholarships or work/study programs.
– Priority deadline for FAFSA submission. You can apply early by completing the FAFSA anytime after October 1st for your financial aid eligibility that would start the following Fall semester.
Check list to apply for FAFSA:
* Get accepted to SEBC
* Create a FASID to electronically sign the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
* Complete the FAFSA application
* Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) after you submit your FAFSA
* Submit any verification documents requested by the SEBC Financial Aid Office
– Deadline for application for Fall semester or full school year scholarships and loans
Check list to apply for Scholarships & Loans:
* Apply for outside scholarships
* Enroll in the Monthly Payment Plan (if needed)
* If borrowing loans, complete the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at StudentLoans.gov
Deadline for Parent PLUS application
Work-Study application due
2017-2018 FAFSA application opens
Deadline for application for Spring semester scholarships and loans